This is fairly easy to put together. The leftovers warm up nicely.
- 1 lb. shredded pork (or ground beef)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 egg
- 1 package raw lasagna noodles
- Step 1 Brown pork with the taco seasoning, onion, garlic and 1/2 cup water. Cook until water is evaporated. If using ground beef, then brown beef and drain before adding other ingredients.
- Step 2 Add green pepper, tomatoes and refried beans. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Mix cottage cheese, sour cream, cumin and egg.
- Step 4 Mix together the mozzarella and cheddar.
- Step 5 Now, we’re going to layer everything in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Layer:
- Step 6 1 cup meat sauce
- Step 7 noodles to cover
- Step 8 3 cups meat sauce
- Step 9 noodles to cover
- Step 10 cottage cheese mixture
- Step 11 2 cups cheese
- Step 12 noodles to cover
- Step 13 2 cups meat sauce
- Step 14 Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove foil and add remaining 2 cups cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Step 15 Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with taco toppings, if desired.